Pages

3.05.2011

Can't Stop Loving You with Half of My Heart

Half of My Heart by John Mayer ft. Taylor Swift

Been three weeks since the last post. I have been that busy and dead tired in the past weeks that I chose not to blog about my life then. HAHAHA.

True the past three weeks were as hell as I have never imagined my life to be, I ended up sleeping on the floor instead of on the bed kind of hell a wee bit tiring. BUT. (there is a big but right there) the past three weeks made all the difference in the world; well, at least in my world.

I learned a lot of things over the last three weeks. So, here I am. In an effort to share my meager thoughts to world, I shall type my insights out. (weird word choice right there, Insights out - inside out?eh.) Forgive if whatever I type below may come out overflowing with cheesiness and are romanticized exponentially. Know that whatever I say here comes from the very bottom of my hypothalamus heart. These are MORE than 100% genuine and sincere. Heehee. Here we go.



This first picture is my running mate, Cate, and me. Yes, running mate. For the first time in my life, I actually ran for a position that needed me to actually campaign. Yes, I have had positions before. It's just that I never CAMPAIGNED. Campaigning involved me telling them of my platform, my plans. I had to tell people I barely knew why they should vote for me.
I may not have met everyone from all the room-to-room campaign that we did, campaigning still provided an avenue for me to get out of my bubble and actually get to know them, my constituents, the people I shall be serving in the coming year. AND THIS WAS WHAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. I GOT TO MEET THEM.

Meeting you guys made me want to know you better. With 340 of you voting for me, I am eternally grateful. The trust that you gave me meant so much to me. As I write these down, I hope and not promise since promises are meant to be broken that I won't be a disappointment to you guys. And to the 69 people who voted abstain, I'll work harder for you guys. (insert evil laugh here, just kidding)

Enough of the the cheesiness. I have one year to expose the cheesy, hopeless romantic side of me. I shall end this entry with a big THANK YOU for everyone who supported us (parang nagconcert lang. AAHAHAHA)

For the record, I also learned how to be creative with my name. you see, people call me TIN. so, during the campaign I had to (well, duh) campaign. "Vote for Tin because voTIN' is cool" or TINks. I hope you get my drift. HAHAHAHA

Surely, running and campaigning made all the difference. Whatever I did (yes, including the hot 'n cold song and vid) I did it with NO REGRETS, JUST LOVE - love for the incoming SOSE Sophomore Batch. Batchmates, Carpe Diem!

0 comments:

Post a Comment